salvaging glass blocks

My house, which is 60 years old and undergoing remodeling, has a window that contains 40 glass blocks (7 3/4" square and as thick as the wall) that I'd like to salvage and reuse if possible. The blocks have about a quarter-inch of mortar between them. I don't think I want to chisel the blocks apart for fear of chipping or breaking them. Is there a circular saw blade that'd be suitable for this job? I've been told that the Fein Multi-Master (homeowner's version) will remove the mortar without damaging the blocks. Has anyone had experience salvaging glass blocks and/or with the Fein MultiMaster?

Thanks.

Lynn Willis Indianapolis

Reply to
willisl