Salvage value of old AC???

Had a new AC/heat pump system installed (outside unit & inside air handler). I told the company not to haul off the old units; I intend to salvage the aluminum and copper from them.
My question, any use or value for the squirrel cage fan & motor as well as the large fan & motor from the outside unit?
Thanks, Bob-tx
The air handler might be useful as a blower, for drying carpets or something like that. Many areas have a scrap recycling place that pays money out for metals. I've recycled metal from AC a couple times, and it pays for the gas to haul it there.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Put a pieced of chicken wire on the outlet of the blower for safety.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Put them up on Ebay, together with the model AC they came from. You'd be amazed at what people may need and will pay for. Sometimes I think I could go down to HD and buy say a mower and sell it piece by piece on Ebay and make money.
One of the dumbest things I saw occured recently. I have a 1980 Mercedes 300SD. To adjust the valves, you need a special set of three 14mm offset wrenchs. Now, they stopped making diesels that required adjusting valves in 1982. Yet, they appear to be in demand, which in itself is amazing. Hazet, the German manufacturer, still makes them. You can buy them brand new for $103, including shipping, online right at Ebay. Last week, someone paid $92.25 for a used set and from the pic, they looked very used indeed. Now, I would think a fair market price for them would be $60 or so, tops.
on 8/11/2007 10:07 AM Moe Jones said the following:

How do you know he has chickens? Even if he did, I don't think the chickens would walk into a spinning fan, although they are pretty stupid.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
And on the hole in the side where the air comes in.
Excellent reminder, sir.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Many woodworkers turn these squirrel cage units into air filters to remove fine sawdust from the shop. They would have to buld thebox and the filter holders but those plans are easily available on the net. That's one possible way of advertising - you could also offer the plans as an incentive, so long as those plans are public domain. JAT. Later, Chuck