Salvage Dawgs and Lead Paint

I've been watching Salvage Dawgs on the DIY Network.

They spent a lot of time repurposing old doors, windows and other woodwork. They do a lot of sanding of old paint and I have to assume that most of the paint is lead based.

Aren't there laws that prevent them from sanding these objects in the open air, especially in a store where the general public, including kids, would be exposed to the dust?

If they decide not to wear masks, that's up to them, but are they allowed to expose the general public to the dust?

Reply to
DerbyDad03