Salt stains

Road salt has stained some suede shoes of mine. Is there a trick to getting the salt stains removed. I've already determined that the solution is to not wear them in winter, but I'm afraid I'm a bit late.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 9, 10:15 am, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Logically, a rinse with distilled water might be helpful, as it would leave no residue behind. And you might even find help in an old fashioned shoe repair shop should you be lucky enough to have one in your area.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

There is no cure for salt stains on suede. Salt stains on (some) smooth leather can be removed by vinegar (and abundant polish thereafter) but vinegar is mild acid likely by itself to discolour suede leather.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 11:15:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Just a thought, and I dont know if this will work, but if they can withstand the wettening, try a power washer on them. Maybe work in some laundry detergent first. I'd think the water and pressure would flush it out of the leather and the detergent would help..... If you do try this, please report back if it worked.....
Add pictures here
✖