salt and cement

Hi All,

I have salt in my soil. I have salt powder on my house's foundation. Is there anything that will neutralize salt in your soil to keep it out of my foundation's cement?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

Gypsum.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

A fully charged battery! Then you'll be charged with salt and battery!

Reply to
generic

Todd wrote in news:kla3o8$jvu$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

(rain)water.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

:-)

Reply to
Todd

How do you use it?

Reply to
Todd

That is making it worse! The solution gets wicked up into my foundation. Then it bubbles out.

Reply to
Todd

Pellets. Like fertilizer. Are you sure it's salt ?

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Paid a PE $100.00 to come diagnose it. Not sure if it is Sodium Chloride salt or some kind of Calcium salt. We have a lot of calcium in out water.

Reply to
Todd

I hate to be negative about this, but you should be positive before you give advice. Might not be current, and can meet with resistance. This is, after all, ohm repair group.

A fully charged battery! Then you'll be charged with salt and battery!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That is making it worse! The solution gets wicked up into my foundation. Then it bubbles out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

We are an ancient lake bed with no outlet.

Reply to
Todd

We are an ancient lake bed with no outlet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, there is nothing that will "neutralize" salt. Salt, in solution, has a pH of 7 which makes it effectively neutral - neither acidic nor basic.

Reply to
HeyBub

I thought we already figured out gypsum turns salt into calcium.

Greg

Reply to
gregz