salt and cement

Hi All,
I have salt in my soil. I have salt powder on my house's foundation. Is there anything that will neutralize salt in your soil to keep it out of my foundation's cement?
Many thanks, -T

Gypsum.
Greg
On 04/24/2013 09:28 PM, gregz wrote:

How do you use it?

Pellets. Like fertilizer. Are you sure it's salt ?
Greg
On 04/24/2013 09:41 PM, gregz wrote:

Paid a PE $100.00 to come diagnose it. Not sure if it is Sodium Chloride salt or some kind of Calcium salt. We have a lot of calcium in out water.

A fully charged battery! Then you'll be charged with salt and battery!
On 04/24/2013 09:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

:-)
I hate to be negative about this, but you should be positive before you give advice. Might not be current, and can meet with resistance. This is, after all, ohm repair group.
Nice thread, did you read the series? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

A fully charged battery! Then you'll be charged with salt and battery!

(rain)water.
On 04/24/2013 09:34 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:

That is making it worse! The solution gets wicked up into my foundation. Then it bubbles out.
I'm in NYS, so I'm really not sure what's doing. Do you have a lot of salt in the top soil? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

That is making it worse! The solution gets wicked up into my foundation. Then it bubbles out.
On 04/25/2013 04:22 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

We are an ancient lake bed with no outlet.
Makes me wonder. If you pour some of that water into a huge tray, and let it evaporate. You'll be left with salt. Scrape up the salt, and dispose of it, in jars and buckets with lids to the landfill. Or sell it to NYS as road salt. Eventually, the lake will run lower on salt. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On 04/25/2013 04:22 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

We are an ancient lake bed with no outlet.
Todd wrote:

No, there is nothing that will "neutralize" salt. Salt, in solution, has a pH of 7 which makes it effectively neutral - neither acidic nor basic.

I thought we already figured out gypsum turns salt into calcium.
Greg