Sale of lead screw anchors in California.

Page 4 of 4

I dont see anyone doing anything to prevent all the other dead weight from accumulating in the environment so whats so special about lead?
Molly Brown wrote:

+1

That article is from 2001. How about an update? Straight question.
On 9/8/2010 1:30 AM, Reed wrote:

Prop 65 would not ban them, just require a prop 65 warning. They would need some additional legislation.

The problem that I have noted is the metallic screw and lag bolt anchors have not been lead (or at least not contained much lead) for several decades. I have some old ones bought in the early 70s that were soft and would conform to the material they were used to anchor to, but now the metallic anchors all seem to be made from zinc and do not conform to the inside of the hole, can slip out because they are hard and brittle enough to break if stressed too much.