Sale of lead screw anchors in California.

Page 1 of 4

Im having a lot of trouble finding lead screw anchors here in California; especially the 5/16ones for # 10-14 screws. The store clerks are telling me that lead anchors are banned in California but I havent read anything about it, and yes I did read NSF61 and AB1953 which only cover plumbing and not anchors. Did I miss something or anyone have any idea what is going on?
Molly Brown wrote:

It is a Prop 65 thing.
They probably decided that it is safer to just not sell such items, rather than risk being sued by people like this :
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2001/1015/080.html
"For the hard work of informing us that dentists and fire logs cause cancer, lawyers get rich."

I guess theyre afraid that people are going to remove the screws and lick the anchors. All thats left now is for parents to start suing their elementary schools for having the teachers make their children use lead pencils.
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 08:02:24 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

There is no lead in pencils. It is graphite. You must have been homeschooled by religious kooks if you don't know that.
On 9/8/2010 11:28 AM, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote:

But it wasn't unusual for older ones to be painted with lead paint and probably guaranteed with ChiCom versions..

Andy comments:
that's probably why the Blackfoot Indian tribe is nearly extinct......
:>))) Andy in Eureka, Texas
On 9/8/2010 11:28 AM, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote:

so you think Muslims are religious kooks? bet you wouldn't say that using your real name. chickenshit.

Muslims?
Where did THAT come from?
Meanwhile, "religious" and "kook" go together like soup and sandwich.
And "Red" is your real name, kook?

I don't know if he thinks Muslims are religious kooks or not but they proved to me they were on September 11th.
And who are you calling "chickenshit" red?
-snip-

Did Christians prove that on Nov 18, 1978, or was that just another perversion of religion by a minority of nutcases?
The radical factions of Islam are a slim minority-- and I'll grant you they are kooks- but your brush is too broad. Every religion has their kooks.
Jim
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Jim Jones and his followers committed suicide. Not suicide bombings or suicide airplane rides, nor did they kill anyone that was their imagined enemy. Likewise the Heaven's Gate cult. They just lay down and died.
Rational crazy people don't bother others.

Tell that to the families of Congressman Leo Ryan, Bob Brown, Greg Robinson, Don Harris, and Patricia Parks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown#The_Port_Kaituma_airstrip_shootings
On 9/8/2010 2:20 PM HeyBub spake thus:

What?!?!? Ever hear of someone named Leo Ryan?
Your knowledge of history is as piss-poor as your "tip of the spear" world view.

I happened to have one of the last photographs of California Congressman Ryan taken before he was murdered. It ran in a number of major publications that were looking for recent photos of him. He was at the opening of a new I. Magnin store at White Flint, MD where I had been hired to do the PR photography. This was I. Magnin's, a California chain, first store in the DC area. He was a very likeable, engaging sort of guy.
He went down to Guyana at the request of one of his constituents (another photographer who worked for UPI, I think) to investigate the abuse of children by the members of Jones's cult. Some divorced cult members had snatched their children away from the custodial parents and taken them to Jones's jungle camp. Ryan should have brought a detachment of Marines but I don't think anyone expected the kind of reaction their visit provoked or how far Jones's mind had deteriorated. As I recall, they were just shot down in cold blood as they were trying to escort some cult members to the airstrip who wanted to go back to the States. )-: He truly died in the line of duty.
-- Bobby G.
On 9/8/2010 4:20 PM, HeyBub wrote:

"Rational crazy people", I like that term, can I borrow it? 8-)
TDD

Every religion has its kooks as do those without any religion. The problem isn't religion, its people. People are the reason that religion is either a instrument of good or evil and virtually every religion or non-religion has had more than its share of both. Right now, the Muslim religion appears to be the most radical and growing in use by radical elements to empower and enslave its believers. That will not last long (in a historical view) and its believers will eventually realize that it is not in their best interests and it will moderate.
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 15:11:00 -0700 (PDT), BobR

How's the Easter Bunny? Seen him lately? How about Spiderman?
Religion is a manifestation of mental illness. You are Exhibit A.
On Sep 8, 5:36pm, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote:

And you are Exhibit B for you are just as religious as I could ever be. You are just too stupid to realize what your religion is.
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:49:51 -0700 (PDT), BobR

More evidence of your delusions.
On Sep 9, 7:08am, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote:

And more evidence of your denials or is it simply ignorance?