Sagging Wall

The wall between my kitchen & living room has a 1-2 inch sag in it. It's a high traffic area and had insufficient joists for a long time. It's recently been raised and had new joists installed. My question is this - is there any way to completely get rid of the sag? I'm concerned about causing new structural issues if we try to raise the floor so that it's level - like windows, walls & ceilings cracking. Any advice/suggestions?

Reply to
Mar

We'll need a more detailed description of the situation to give anything close to a reasonable answer. cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

i would wonder: who did the previous work? what do they recommend? where are you located interms of your climate and humidity and drainage etc are all important to a local architect's evaluation. when was the house built, when was that repair done? what is the rate of the problem advancing? why monkey around at all for the reasons you mentioned? how much money is available to play with this if it is a problem versus a non-problem of support? maybe leave it alone without further professional advice if this is only a problem to you as new homeowner.

Reply to
buffalobill

How does a wall sag? I've seen floors or ceilings sag, but never a wall. Walls may buckle or collapse, but I don;'t think they sag.

Reply to
trader4