Safety First - Call a Professional

Page 1 of 2

It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the poster to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree. I contact the pros no matter what I do.
I just contacted my professional therapist and got the OK to post to this message, after contacting a professional from my phone company to insure my phone was safe, and I was able to properly and safely use the telephone to call my therapist. I also called my team of medical professionals to be sure that my mental and bodily conditions were up to par to use the internet. Then of course I had to get a crew of professionals from Microsoft to come to my home and boot my computer for me. but they told me that I first had to hire a professional electrician to inspect the outlet this computer derives it's power, and this electrician had to hire a professional from the electric company to verify my home was receiving the proper electrical power.
With that all completed, I want to share with you the following message:
I always hire a pro for EVERYTHING I do. Even if I got to take a shit, I hire a pro to do it for me. We are all idiots in all ways. Only the pros can do things safely and correctly. None of us mere people are capable of doing things ourselves. We are all uneducated idiots incapable of thinking for ourselves or touching anything, particularly dangerous tools and the like. We must hire a pro for anything and everything we do in our lives..... Damn it, I was just getting into this message and now I got to take a piss. I better call a pro to handle it for me.... I'll be back after the professional typist that is typing this message for me calls a professional coffee service to make him a cup of coffee, and the professional that is managing my computer software contacts his professional software programmer, and while I call a professional to help me take my piss, while my professional bathroom cleaner takes a break, which of course means he will have to contact his professional break management crew. ......
Hold on a second, I have to call my professional therapist again to see if it's OK to send this message......
Safety First
Thus spake snipped-for-privacy@everywhere.com:

Y'think that some of those posters are professionals that see USENET as a threat to their livelihood? And if we simply share information on how to do something safely, s/he thinks that they will end up in the poor house?
Increased revenue by spreading fear.
"Our chief weapon is suprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise. ..."
FBt

I live in fear ever working day: the fear of being wrong. As a result, I carry liability insurance but still try to be careful. Being careful reduces my risk of being wrong, and is expected of me by the state that licenses me. What interest do I have in making work for another professional in another state? Some generalized fear of disaster in the hearts of do-it-yourselfer everywhere? Time to adjust your headgear: http://zapatopi.net/afdb /
The problem could also be reframed:
"It seams that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup somebody wants to cut corners without really knowing what they're doing and hope to find some knowledgeable professional who will give them the go ahead without having all the facts of the situation in front of them, and for no compensation, while exposing themselves to liability for faulty advice.
Y'think that some law-breaking cheapskates are looking for cover if they screw up and their world comes down around their ears?
Decreased accountability by deflecting responsibility."
Discuss amongst yourselves! I'm verklempt!
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Your point is....?

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Hello,
I thought average Home Insurance covered repairmen . . .

Again, Harry, your point is.....?
Harry wrote:

Relying on insurance is like buying the condoms after she's pregnant.
Harry wrote:

Relying on insurance is like buying the condoms after she's pregnant.
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:48:18 -0500, "Michael Bulatovich"

Really? Got any links to stories about people who gave advice here in the newsgroups and got sued by the taker of the advice?

Reread my post. I never said it happened here, or that I had links. I said that there is exposure to liability. If you're really interested though you can contact my insurer to confirm the threat. (ProDemnity Insurance Company, Toronto)
The pro's are generally going to be careful in what they say because professional practice has a way of weeding out the careless. Once in a while everyone slips up, and there are differences in law from one jurisdiction to another, but only "fools rush in".
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Ah, just a spammer?

Yeah, right. I'm selling insurance. Think I'll buy a bigger house. ; )
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:48:18 -0500, "Michael Bulatovich"

---------- O F F I C I A L L E G A L N O T I C E -----------
Dear Mr. Michael Bulatovich
The advice you have just given is faulty. So far no one has been sued for providing faulty advice on this newsgroup. However, since you have lied to us about this matter, I have no choice but to sue you for providing faulty, misleading and dishonest information on a public forum. Therefore, I am charging you under the US Federal penal code item #204-990-5213.01. You will be served your legal lawsuit paperwork within the next week, to be hand delivered by your local police department. I suggest you contact your attorney immediately because this is going to be an ugly battle and I ALWAYS win every case. If you so choose, you can pay the sum of $50,000,000.00 in US currency, and I will drop this case. This information, including the address of my office, to which you must send you payment, will be noted on this legal document.
Sincerely,
Atty. Jeffery D. Formann Federal Attorney at Law, U.S. Courts
--------------- E N D O F N O T I C E ------------

snipped-for-privacy@lawyers.net wrote:

Are you Nigerian?
Hmmm, can we counter sue you for impersonating a lawyer? <G>
Shall we both say "penalty declined"?

Ya won't get me, copper!

If you mean a physical therapist, you did just fine. If it was a psychotherpist, he didn't do well because you come across as a jerk.

Hey, Toller -- don't feed the trolls.
--
Regards,

I thought I WAS a troll!