Safe distance between wir

ABC:

A > Is there some code requirements for spacing a wire and the hot pipe? A > A > I did a 12 gauge wiring in the bathroom. After finishing, I found that A > I had the wire and CPVC hot water line too close - at some places A > they are as close as only 1" apart. I just don't want to rewire the A > whole thing, if it is not necessary.

I don't think there is a code problem, or at least locally. When we had the addition done two summers ago an electric wire was close to one of the water pipes - not touching but almost. I was uncomfortable with it and secured the cable with a cable tie. This was before one of the electrical inspections and passed. Probably would have passed the way it was but I didn't like it. As I recall the wiring is a couple of inches away from the plumbing.

As for the 1" separation question, you should be fine. Direct contact may have been a problem, but the air space should be sufficient.

  • Relief \ree-leef' What trees do in the spring
Reply to
barry martin