Ryobi Tools Web Site

I've been trying to get to www.ryobitools.com to register my new saw and I can't get it to appear. Does anyone know if this is the correct site name (it's on the information that came with the saw) or what might be going on?
Thanks for any info.

Well, the front page loaded and appears to be the right site. But, the graphics are _HUGE_ and take forever...
The link at the bottom to the registration does appear to have a problem -- I'd suggest finding the contact info and sending complaint to web guru and see if get a response. I would assume there's a regular registration card w/ the tool???
BTW, warranties can't be revoked for lack of registration, but recalls, etc., are dependent on them...
hth...

On 26 May 2007 04:23:23 -0700, nr wrote:

The site works fine for me using both IE and Firefox.

Works for me to with firefox and only a 38k bps connection. But it and its multiple overlaid pictures did take 2 minutes to load and I find it annoying how many sites are designed only for high speed.
mm wrote:

Amen to that... :(
Did the link to "register" load? Here w/ dialup after some (unmeasured but long, I left it loading while ate lunch) time it was still simply spinning its wheels when returned...if it was still trying to download an image(s), that's totally unusable for anything except high speed.

I still can't get the site to load, either with SeaMonkey (my preferred browser) or IE. I just did a tracert on it and got 'Unable to resolve target system name www.ryobitools.com.' I guess I'll have to contact my ISP.
nr wrote:

The warranty registration link is here:
https://www.customernation.com/pls/ps/ps.ps_main?p_host29&p_supplierP60&p_parm=PSR
if your DNS is broken try:
https://65.74.148.167/pls/ps/ps.ps_main?p_host29&p_supplierP60&p_parm=PSR

BTW, is it possible for someone's DNS to be broken when that of other people's works.
Does this go by user, ISP, or by the whole world? An honest question.
I have had times when I thought that might be the problem, but I really don't how it works.
mm wrote:

Yes.. It's easily possible.

For the end-users (you and me) it's the ISP that maintains a local name server and they can break. The ISP gets it's data from root servers, they are trickled down (propagated).
You *don't* have to use your ISP's name server though. If you manually configure a name server in Window's "connection properties" you can enter any publicly available server. I sometimes use 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 to test if my ISP's is broken or not. There are some public servers listed here:
http://www.opennic.unrated.net/public_servers.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dns_server

Thanks for the server information. I was able to get to the site using it's IP address, so I called my ISP and the tech had me change the preferred DNS server address to 4.2.2.1 and the URL then worked.
I then went to register the product and it didn't even require the serial number, so I don't really see the value in filling out their form..
nr wrote:

You're welcome. I suspected that was the case.

Yeah.. Pretty useless. If the tool breaks just take it back to Homer D. Poe.
Thanks from me too.