Ryobi 31cc weedwacker not running right

I got the 'ol weedwacker out and it's only running at about half throttle. I checked the spark plug and it seems fine. Is there an air filter somewhere? Is there a fuel filter?
Thanks Mike

Air filter's right inside the air filter/carburetor housing, just below the choke. No fuel filter.
Didja look in the owner's manual? :-) If you don't have one, I can make you a photocopy of mine (model 790R) for five bucks plus postage. Email me at alphageek at milmac dot com if you're interested.
Chances are it's a fuel problem, rather than the air filter -- although since you didn't even know it had an air filter, I'm guessing you never cleaned it. :-) So clean the air filter first (directions in the manual), and if that doesn't do the trick, it's probably time to disassemble and clean the carburetor.

Check the label first. Does it say Ryobi? If yes, keep the label and replace everything else. Ed
On Tue, 04 May 2004 12:53:55 -0400, Michael Shaffer

Make sure you've got fresh fuel, and check for oil residue buildup in the exhaust, as well as the intake.
I seem to remember something in the manual about oil buildup in the muffler.
Barry
Ok, I used some carb cleaner and it works great now. Thanks all