Ruud direct spark or Lennox hot surface?

I am narrowing down the quotes for a new gas furnace / AC system. One installer is quoting a Lennox G61V and the other a Ruud UGRA series. One uses a hot surface ignition; the other direct spark. I know that if made well either can be quite reliable, but my question to all is whether there is any data that shows the Lennox hot surface design or the Rheem/Ruud direct spark system in these higher end models either performs better or is any more reliable? Also, is one significantly more expensive to replace?

This is Turtle.
I have found spark ignition to be the least trouble down the years.
Cost to replace ? The Difference is all in the same ball park.
TURTLE
Lennox hot surface design is probably better, but why compare ignition systems?
You look at two paintings and compare the screws in the frames....
Lennox parts are always significantly more expensive to replace.
G61V - 2 stage heat variable speed blower, heat X 20 years. UGRA - single stage, heat X - life
UGFD/UGGD modulating input variable speed blower
UGRA is no match for G61V
You're absolutely right, Brian. I had 4 installers quotes in front of me when I wrote the original post. In fact it was the UGFD I wanted to ask about. I mangled the series together with the UARA AC that was on another quote.

I prefer Lennox over any other brands. They are more expensive many times but I find them more reliable. Many contractors don't like them because they don't want to learn better technologies like hot surface ignition and Expansion Valves on cooling coils that Lennox uses and has used for years. Guess what? Almost everyone is switching to hot surface ignition and Thermostatic Expansion Valves(TXVs), even Goodman.
I have talked to a dozen contractors in the last year who said they will retire when Goodman starts using TXVs and VS blowers. Well guess what Goodman said at the last dealer meeting here?
Cadillacs are more expensive than Kias, but I would take a Cadillac over a Kia any day. (Of course I would take a Chevy over a Kia too.)
Just my two cents worth.
Stretch

Funny, I see it the other way, more direct spark, less hot surface! From my experience higher end models use direct spark, lower end uses hot surface. This will vary by manufacturer, but for the most part seems true. We work on allot of commercial roof top equipment. I don't recall ever seeing hot surface in an RTU. Greg

Actually Hot surface igniters are all that trane uses on their rooftops. Just take a look at any voyager or intelepak. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail

I guess I missed them, Now I have to check next time I am near one! Greg

I don't care for Lennox because of parts availability. Sure, I can call and get it delivered via UPS, but what if the only part in the system is in Tacoma, Washington, 4 days away? My customers balk at the Lennox pricing enough with out the aditional cost of overnight shipping.