Rusty water in boiler - capturing it

What do you think of trying to capture the rust in the boiler by placing a strong permanent magnet near the boiler drain? Remove the magnet and then drain.
John
I don't know if this would work or not but I have to ask what the purpose or goal of attempting this would be?
New & Improved - N/F John wrote:

To expand on my previous message, I really don't know if magenets will attract ferrour oxide - I've never tried it myself.
Doug Brown wrote:

erin bartell had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Rusty-water-in-boiler-capturing-it-285500-.htm : Doug, You may want to try the Wellan2000 rings. Search for wellan energy systems and you will find someone in your state that sells them. This has worked wonders for our brown water in the house which came from the boiler. We installed this in April of 2009. Still working and no brown water. Erin.
Doug Brown wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 364434 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Why do you want to drain the boiler? Because of the rusty water. You should only drain the boiler for repair work that requires draining. New water will introduce fresh oxygen that will create new rust further corroding the metal. Old rusty water has used up the oxygen and no longer corrodes.

message
I don't know but I doubt it. The only iron oxide that is magnetic is magnetite, and that isn't what forms in your hydronic heating system.