Rusty plier

I got a plier that is rusted solid,how to break it free?
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 20, 12:48 am, snipped-for-privacy@nowmymail.com wrote:

Soak in oil and grind off rust with a grinder and a wire wheel . Or get a masters degree!
Add pictures here
✖
Soak it in CLR or some "penetrating Oil" overnight

Add pictures here
✖

CLR is for Lime in water soluable things like bathtubs and coffee pots, Rust needs oil and a grinding wheel.
Add pictures here
✖
A little fire will do it in a hundreth of the time the oil will take.

✖
snipped-for-privacy@nowmymail.com wrote:

I'd use PBR- but if that fails, I'd try electrolysis- http://www.instructables.com/id/Electrolytic-Rust-Removal-aka-Magic /
Jim
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/20/2008 4:28 AM Jim Elbrecht spake thus:

I can vouch for this method of rust removal. It works on any ferrous (iron/steel) object. Uses sodium carbonate as the electrolyte. Rust comes right off!
All you need is a decent low-voltage DC power supply (a battery charger'll do in a pinch).
conversation with the average voter.
✖
on 4/20/2008 1:48 AM snipped-for-privacy@nowmymail.com said the following:

Liquid Wrench, or similar. http://www.gunk.com/lubricants.asp
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:48:52 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@nowmymail.com wrote:

If you can't free them up with WD40 they are trash.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:00:11 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

If you value the pliers enough, let them soak in vinegar for a long time. I do this routinely because I have a terrible habit of forgetting garden tools outside. But they only acquire superficial rust, so I don't know if this method would help on your tool. If you're curious, try it.
Aspasia
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 20, 12:48 am, snipped-for-privacy@nowmymail.com wrote: