rust stains

Several years ago, after a heavy rain, water leaked from the roof of my house on to the ceiling of a bedroom. The leak left a rust stain on the ceiling which I can't seem to cover up, although I have put on three coats of paint. Any suggestions. Thanks

Reply to
Damion Franza

nospambob

Apply a couple of coats o kilz (I thinks that is how it is spelled). This will kill any mildew and then allow you to paint over it.. You can buy this at any hardware store or home improvement store.

Reply to
???

Paint with a shellac-based primer such as Kilz. It is alcohol-based. Be certain your roof is repaired.

Reply to
Phisherman