Rust stain on bricks

I have a chimney with stain from an old corroding spark arrestor. (See picture at

I have tried several cleaning products I can find at the hardware store and used a pressure washer without luck. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Anders

Reply to
Anders

If the stain is rust, many commercial products will attack it. Other corrosion detritus won't respond as well. The trick is getting rid of stains is to keep the active material in contact long enough to dissolve the mark. A building maintainance supply firm will have producxts that might work. Janitorial supply places are another source. If nothing seems to work, then a low cost air powered sand blaster wil help. Body shops use these for spot cleaning small rust areas before repairs. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

could it be mold, try bleach. Dirt , try muriatic acid.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
nospambob