Rust spots on refrigerator door

I am getting pin prick size rust spots on my refrigerator doors. It is easy to remove but returns rather quickly. What are my options to fix this? Can I apply a clear coat (of what? Poly?) after cleaning? The refrigerator is white and is 13 years old but runs well.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Try car wax.

That would be my first inclination. What you have to watch is if the rust is under the paint and will just continue to grow. If that is the case, only sanding and repainting will fix it.
Sand and prime and repaint the whole door. Use a paint gun for best results.