Rust/iron on cement driveway

Well water overspray (previous owner) has made the cement driveway a rust coilor.
Is there anyway, a paint or sealer or stain I can use to cover and keep any rust from bleeding through. Without using muratic acid?
Thanks,
Bill

Oxalic acid will remove rust stains without damaging the concrete.
Forget about trying to cover it up. Anything you put on there will flake and peel eventually, and look worse than the rust stains.
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:14:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:
I'm not familiar with Oxalic acid how is that different from Muratic acid?
(Doug Miller)

it's much more benign. it comes in crystal form that you can sprinkle on. it's the main (only?) ingredient in barkeepers friend.

Try Oxalic acid for removing rust. I believe it's the active ingrediant in most Deck Brightener products.

Bill writes:

Oxalic acid solutions, such as Marinize's Rust-Aid.
Muriatic acid washing of plaster or concrete isn't the horror you may have heard. See my techniques at http://www.truetex.com/pool.htm