runtel shutoff question

I know there is a heating group but don't know what it's called so thought I'd pop in here (been a while since I've asked anything in here) and ask if anyone can help me with this and also perhaps lead me to what the heating group is called.

We had a kitchen redo this past year. We had had runtels put in several rooms a couple of years before because this is a cottage and these runtels take up a smaller space in some areas of our home.

We did not have the runtel put on our outside kitchen wall because this is where the eating table is now and I can't stop the heat from coming out of the runtel -- and I hate sitting near heat of any kind.

My question is ---

Is there any way to have that runtel put on the wall but be able to have some kind of shutoff so that I can turn it off and on?

I know that if I had a cellar I could probably go down and turn some valves -- we don't have a cellar - it's a dirt crawl space actually and to be honest -- at the young age of 62 - I don't want to crawl under there!

Last winter here was very very warm (coast of southern Maine) and we sure didn't need that runtel at all -- never know what kind of winter will have this coming one so thought it would be smarter to have it there than not have it there -- however, I really don't want the heat from that if I don't need it -- especially with the oil prices now. We have forced hot water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie (to e-mail take the "x" off jackie)

Reply to
Jackie Kuscher

Jackie Kuscher wrote: ...

??? Oh, that would be a Runtal (branded) radiator...

Watch wrap...

Don't see why a valve couldn't be installed wherever you wanted it....

Reply to
dpb

Oh yes - my mistake -- Runtal -- not Runtel !

Thanks - just printed that out and gave it to my husband who will understand it more than I could.

Our plumber just showed up so we'll see what he has to say.

Thanks again, Jackie