Running wires near hot pipes

In residential construction, should Wires/coax etc. be run above or below steam heat pipes? hot water heat pipes? Where can I find such information?

Can if there is some separation. I would assume that the steam pipes are insulated.
A couple of inches of clearance is all that is needed.

The steam pipes are not insulated. Should I call an electrician to do this work?
john snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jwill) wrote:

You don't need an electrician to insulate the steam pipes.