<<<<>>>>

In part of my basement I have gas pipe running through holes in the floor joist. I was wondering if it is a problem or against code to run electrical wire also through the same holes? The holes are about 1 inches with inch pipe. There is enough room to run the 2 runs of 12-2 wire through the same hole. If for some reason the pipe had to be removed, replaced, or rerun to another location, I think there is enough slack in the wire if I had to get a pipe wrench around the pipe.
It's OK. Purists & old fogeys here will likely post a bunch of reasons why THEY wouldn't do it. Some may be valid, some not and a few may be silly.