Running power and coax together

I'm re-routing the powerline to my electrically heated hot tub. It needs to cross walkway, so I'd like to bury it in concrete in a cut that would also hold the RG-6 coax from my satellite dish. They'd be parallel about 4 ft. Is this OK, or will it lead to interference? Can I get away with it if I put the power line in metal conduit? (Can metal conduit be buried in concrete?)

Thanks for any advice,

Kelly

Reply to
Kelly

If it is only 4 feet, why bust up the concrete? Cut a square of sod out on each side, dig a couple holes, and drive a couple pipes under there. Coax and power really need to be separate, at least a foot or so, IIRC.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

If each are in a separate piece of PVC conduit I think you would be fine.

I would do that even if UF cable is approved for your hot tub circuit in your area.

I really don't have a clue as to what CODE might be but common sense says the two should not touch.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

First DONT use regular RG6, use RG6 quad shield instead (called RG6QS), use waterprooff snap-n-lock terminators made for QS. It will be fine, I have my coax, power UF, LAN and Voice CAT5 lines all in the same trench out to the gazebo 50 feet away. No 60hz induction problems at all with the TV computer or phone. A mere 4 feet will probably be insignificant especially if you can get some dirt between to separate them.

Reply to
RickH