Running gas line to new HW heater (pics)

I posted a few days ago on relocating my HW heater to make more living space in my basement. I purchased a Kenmore (AO Smith) HW heater on Friday and today I started piping the gas. It was a lot easier for me to come off the Tee for my furnace than to use the existing gas line, which will eventually be capped off and enclosed in the wall. You can't see it in these pics, but the old gas drop is actually more to the right of the old HW heater. Plus this also let me keep the old HW heater runnning while I work on the new one. Here are some pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Fx8z0_qn04hiidjx6EVGmw?feat=directlink
Is there anything wrong with doing it this way?
On 1/22/2011 10:30 PM, Mikepier wrote:

if the feed to the tee you put in is 3/4 or larger, you should be fine. if you try to run the furnace AND the WH off a 1/2" line you could possibly have problems.
--
Steve Barker

Since in your other post you asked about 1/2" T's the answer is probably yes, there is something wrong. You can't run a furnace and a hw heater both off 1/2" pipe. You need 3/4" up to the T.
On 1/24/2011 7:02 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:

I didn't ask about anything.
--
Steve Barker

I was refering to the op. He has another post out there asking if it's ok to use galvinized since he could not find a 1/2" T in black iron. Just guessing but I'm thinking he's using the T on the pipe to the furnace.
On 1/24/2011 2:44 PM, jamesgangnc wrote:

ahhh. I C
--
Steve Barker

Something I'm not seeing is the original post you responded to. Are other people still seeing the original post?
Hey Mikepier - you've started at least four or five threads on your one water heater installation. It's getting a bit confusing.
A new post on an old thread will still rise to the top. If someone flagged one thread to keep track of it, they wouldn't necessarily read the other threads. People DAGS down the road won't find all of your installation questions and answers in one convenient thread.
Is there a benefit to starting new threads on the same subject in your opinion? I can't think of one.

Ok, sorry for the confusion. I don't know how this seperate thread started, but in any event, as I said in my other post, there is a 1" pipe coming into the furnace room, which then goes into a 1"X3/4"X3/4" Tee, where one of the 3/4" outlet feeds the furnace and HW heater, and the other 3/4" output continues on to feed my stove and dryer. I used all black pipe, I did not used galvanized, although I almost did because HD did not have a 1/2" Tee in black, but they had galvanized. I went to Ace Hardware the next day and they had them. Thanks for everyones help, and I'll stick to one thread next time.

Alright. You've finished your installation with no worries, and it's all good. Thanks.
Oh, one more thing - could you give us a heads-up about what you're next project will be? That will allow people to work up a good head of steam in advance for the next argument. ;)

When i'm done with my basement reno, I'm taking a break for a while.