running conduit

I have to run 14-2 wire out to my concrete pad in the back yard so i can setup a receptacle and plug in my vehicle's block heater this winter.

i'm thinking about taking the power from the outdoor plug and running PVC conduit down the exterior of the siding and then burying it.

is there a better way? cosmetically, if I can get the wires beneath the siding that'd be great, but i'm not sure how difficult that's going to be.

any advice would be great, thanks.

Reply to
highflyr

highflyr spake thus:

How about mounting a box near the bottom of the wall, and running the conduit from there? You'd need to be able to get into the wall from the inside to do this and run cable from this box to another one. At least that way there wouldn't be so much ugly conduit exposed on the outside.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

This might be crazy, but can you show a photo of your driveway?

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

I hope you mean 14-2 WITH ground, and also check that there's a GFCI ahead of that outdoor plug.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

"highflyr" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

I had to tap into power to go to a shed. Maybe this pic will give you some idea or use a pieces of it in your application.

Had an outlet on the house. Removed the recessed blue box. Drilled hole in center of a 1x4 for wire. Put two wood strips through box hole to screw into from outside. Mounted piece of 1x to siding with caulk and screws into those wood strips. Mounted outdoor recepticle box to the 1x and pulled wire through the back.

-or-

Al Bundy