Running cable through an outside wall

That was posted in 2009 in case you did not notice.

I don't think they had drills back then.

Reply to
philo

And done "properly" there is no connection outside the house or exposed. When I bought my house the telephone cable to the upstairs was run on the outside surface of the brick lower storey, and in through the aluminum siding upper floor walls. After 40 years I started getting noise on the line so I disconnected it and now have only cordless phones on the upper floor.

Reply to
clare

Still a heck of a lot better than the way the Zambian Post Office (operator of the phone system in the former British colony of Northern Rhodesia) installed the phone cable into a friend's house - through the keyhole of the front door. They were given the key to the side door to get in so "ASS U ME d" the front door was not being used - - -

- - -.

Reply to
clare