Running black pipe for natural gas under the deck above ground

If I want to set up a pool heater...

...and run 1" black pipe from the basement to the outside, under the deck, above ground...

Generally no problem, with black pipe above ground, right?

MM

Reply to
Mad Max

I have an early 1950s house in the western USA with a raised foundation, and it has gas pipes above ground in the crawl-space.

But your only way to know for sure is to ask the local code authority.

Reply to
croy

There's quite a bit of it on rural Nebraska. I think the gas companies would lay it on the ground if there was a fenceline. They would bury it if there was no fence.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

As long as it is properly supported.

Reply to