Running a pipe through an exterior wall?!

I have a seasonal cottage. The well water is a bit tough to drink. I have installed an under the counter filter, but the output is too low to really help. (My well turns on at 20psi and off at 40psi).
I would like to install two filters in parallel, with normal sized pipes (not the 3/8" stuff that comes with the under counter filters) run to a real faucet. I figure that should give me decent output. The problem is that the pipes are in a 8" crawlspace, so they are essentially inaccessible, and there is no place to put the filters; they will take up too much room under the counter.
But... the pipes to the kitchen sink loop out from under the house so that a union is accessible for draining them. I can T into the cold water line, put the filters on the outside of the house (right next to the sink) , and run a pipe through the wall to just under the sink, where I can install a faucet. (no one ever sees the cottage from that side, and I can put in a cabinet if it is too ugly.
So, for my question... Is there any fundamental reason (other than esthetics) that this is a bad arrangement. I don't know a whole lot about house construction (obviously) so I could be ignoring something basic. I am reasonably sure there are no pipes or cables running though there.

If you are in a location that freezes, you add to the potential problem.
Some of the filter housing may not last as long with the UV from the sun. Protect it
There are filter housings with 3/4" fittings and would give you good flow compared to the undersink type with the 3/8" tubing. I don't think using two will give you much, if any gain as the lines at the faucet will be the restricting factor. What is the reason the well water is tough to drink? There are many types of elements available so you may need two to correct the problem, then they should be in series.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

I drain everything thoroughly in October.

days a year, so it is hard to justify the cost of the equipment that proper filters it. There are two particle filters right after the pressure tank, so I don't want to put anymore drag (or whatever the proper term is) on the water flow than I have to. I picked up 2 filter housings at an auction for nothing (actually I picked up 3 filter housings and a bunch of filters for $4, and sold one housing on ebay for $10) and might as well use them. I figure the filter cost won't be anymore since 2 will last twice as long a 1.

I don't think that a partical filter is going to help with a sulfer smell/taste. You need charcoal or chemicals for that. I assume that you drain that pressure tank when you close up the cabin? When I was growing up, we just boiled the tap water, and when it cooled a bit, stuck it in a pitcher in the fridge. That drove off the most noxious gases. I don't know whether it was the boiling, or the letting it stand that did the trick, though. and in retrospect it was probably a habit left over from when the water came from the cistern. But it did work.
--Goedjn

For the most part, right. But the filters may have carbon already, or he might be able to purchase filters cartridges that do use carbon.

Sulphur smells are often removed simply by aerating the water in a tank. But that might be difficult in this situation.
Running filters in parallel probably means that they won't balance very well, and you'll likely rapidly run into a situation where only one of them is doing anything.
But, hey, they're free.
Brita filter pitchers, while not particularly useful devices in general might be worth a try instead.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est