Running a 220volt cable

Ineed to run a 220v 14 amp line. What size wire can I use and how do I hook it up?
TIA
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:09:40 +0000, Jimmy wrote:

Get the yellow wire. In truth, it depends on how far you are running it. There are visual tutorials on the internet at sites like home depot and lowes.
If your load on this cable is 14 amps, you need a 20 amp or #12 cable, provided the run is not to long. If you're asking how to connect it in the panel, you would need a double pole 20 amp breaker, which you would connect to the two hot legs, a ground wire connected to the ground buss, and if the circuit required a neutral, that would be connected to the neutral buss. If the panel is a main service panel, the ground and neutral buss are the same