Rumors of my death ........

Page 2 of 2

I am now retired, but at times wished I had a regular job so I could work less. Know whut uh mean, Vern?
Steve

Steve's on a mission to get SOME of his SS dollars back!

One time when I was younger and diving commercially, I had the government take a $2500 bite out of a two week paycheck of mine. I said, "Well, I hope it goes to help someone." (I was thinking something entirely different.)
And now it has .....................
hehe
Steve

May they remain rumors only for many more years.

Every day above ground is another day you don't get dirt in your mouth!
Steve B wrote:

So no OTs for some time. Good to hear!
Nick
Steve B wrote:

Good to hear it. About 35 years ago I was given a 10% chance of living 10 years (melanoma cancer) today a dozen or so new cancers later, I am still here. The last one they gave me a 97% chance of living five years. At my age, that's great even without the cancer.
Live the life you have and enjoy it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
good luck to Steve and you Joseph.
I enjoy reading both of your posts and getting very good advice.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Good to hear it. About 35 years ago I was given a 10% chance of living 10 years (melanoma cancer) today a dozen or so new cancers later, I am still here. The last one they gave me a 97% chance of living five years. At my age, that's great even without the cancer.
Live the life you have and enjoy it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Steve B wrote:

Get a nuclear cardiac imaging / stress test. Mine is done in the doctor's office (with a machine and staff that's worth significant bucks).
It maps blood flow to all areas of the heart under stress and compares that with non-stress circulation.
I don't know where you are, but availability of high-end machines varies (my cardioligist does angiograms in his office!). For example, there are more MRI machines in Seattle than in all of Canada. I'm in Houston and we have twice as many MRI machines in our town than does Seattle.

Warning, sad story follows:
I retired almost two years ago. Just previous to that, I was granted SS disability. So, the union insurance lumped me with a new group. Medicare does not kick in until you have been on SS for two years.
On my old group when I was working, I could pretty much go to any doctor. With that new group, I had to go to Larry, Moe and Curly. The regular annual nuclear test that I used to have every 12 months in my doctor's office took 19 months to get approved through Larry, Moe, and Curly MDs, and the new plan.
It's a three part deal, tread mill, x rays and echocardiogram. I went in for the test, and they were going to put me on the treadmill first. They did that to a friend of my wife's, and he died on the treadmill. They asked me why I didn't go have the echo first, and I explained that I was the patient and they were the administrators, and that I was just following directions.
They took the nuclear text x rays and echo in December, something my old doctor always did in July. Said I needed two stents.
I said I would wait until I got on Medicare, and could go back to my old doctor. April 1 comes and I am on Medicare. BUT I didn't notify them by certified mail that I wanted to disenroll, so they automatically put me in another group that takes control from Medicare and administrates your health care. You have to go to who they say you can go to. So, I have to wait another month to get out of the clutches of Larry, Moe and Curly, MDs. Now I'm up to twenty months on something that would have been done eight months ago under my old plan.
Insurance companies ..................... ahhh, I could talk about them all day.
My sincerest wish is that every adjuster, agent, and administrator has some serious tragedy in their lives that involves being tied in knots with a greedy insurance company, inept adjuster, and greedy administrator.
I have no doubt that had I gone to Larry, Moe, and Curly MDs. as they wanted me to do that they would have placed two stents somewhere although I did not need them.
Don't even get me started on workman's comp. I was permanently injured Oct. 20, 2003, and I was accepted by SS for permanent disability April 1, 2005. I won't get my first check from them until September, 2007 because they applied my settlement to my future payments with SS. They can do that in my state. Someone who didn't have savings or anything built up would be living on the streets by now.
Too bad all the politicians don't have to live with the insurance policies and Medicare like the rest of us normal humans.
Steve

Make that 2004

Good idea. If we make 2003 into 2004, I think that will make us all a year younger.
"Steve B"
| Don't even get me started on workman's comp. I was permanently injured Oct. | 20, 2003, and I was accepted by SS for permanent disability April 1, 2005. | I won't get my first check from them until September, 2007 because they | applied my settlement to my future payments with SS. They can do that in my | state. Someone who didn't have savings or anything built up would be living | on the streets by now. | | Too bad all the politicians don't have to live with the insurance policies | and Medicare like the rest of us normal humans. |
Call your congresscritter and state insurance commissioner. They tried something similar with me and a few phone calls got that straight.
BTW typically they can offset only 1/2 of the SSA benefits as you paid half the contribution.

Glad to hear that.

So did it hurt, if you were awake when you weren't supposed to be?

They should have noticed that you were doing that. Maybe the parts that could hurt were asleep and the rest of you was awake.

Great.
That's the people here, including me.