Rug runner creases up

I read a tip about rug "corners" curling up. The tip was to use a self adhesive vinyl tile (cheap I guess). One square tile cut into four pieces and adhered to the bottom corners. Never tried it though.

Oren

oren

Looking to find a way to prevent the rug runner (2'x11') from creasing up in the middle. Almost every day I pull the far edges to straighten it out. Without fail the crease comes back. It's made of regular rug material and used on the porch to prevent excess wear along the common path to the house. I know I could tack or nail it down. However, I don't want to do that, as I move it from time to time.

It's somewhat of a regular-medium thickness rug that can be cleaned on the low beater-brush level when vacuuming. It has a string backing. I was thinking of putting some sort of firm backing where the rug creases up. Not sure what to put? I am open to other suggestions? It's somewhat important as someone could trip on this crease.

Reply to
Charlie S.

Use a no slip rug pad under it. Sold most everywhere that sells rugs.

Reply to
Colbyt

I forgot to mention the runner lies on top of the carpet (same material). The carpet texture is somewhat coarse. It probably has some no slip properties? Obviously, the no sllip pad would be better.

Reply to
Charlie S.

Depending on how much you like to fiddle with stuff, you could just stitch down the center on each side - a couple of stitches, each side, with heavy thread that can be snipped when you want to take it up. Or, purchase some wide cloth tape at fabric store - pref. in upholstery section - stitch two lengths to underside of runner (one along each side). Insert stiff plastic or metal strips that can be removed for cleaning.

Reply to
Norminn

Works great. I have been doing that for years. They have enough weight to hold the ends down.

Reply to
Chuck B.