Rug Qustion

I was considering replacing my decrepit rugs with hardwood flooring, but now I am considering rugs instead.

I don't like the way my present rugs have always retained terrible-looking pock marks from chair and table legs, when the latter are moved.

Can someone recommend a rug type that best minimizes this problem?

Thanks

-GECKO

Reply to
gecko

In my experience, 'berber' has been the best.

Reply to
PanHandler

I don't like carpeting either, but I move the furniture around to prevent indentations. Or you can use furniture feet pads. A good choice for carpeting is a low pile and thin padding to prevent the marks.

Reply to
Phisherman

Hmmm...

Wouldn't you know - the local rug dealer said to get thickest and best padding possible. On the other hand, your suggestion as to low pile sounds reasonable. Thanks

-GECKO

Reply to
gecko

Ask Sy Sperling. He's the rug expert, and a client.

-- Steve Mc

Reply to
mcsteve

easy solution put down cement

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

and thin padding to prevent the marks.

Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at

Jmmv08