rug cleaning

Hello I want to rent a rug shampooing machine from my local food store but wonder if it will be worth the money. I have puppy pee-pee on my rugs and just cant get the smell out of the rug. Anyone have experience with these food store rug cleaners? Thanks TYM

You need to soak the rug with an enzyme based cleaning product, like Nature's Miracle, easily found in pet stores anywhere. Follow the directions liberally, and you'll be able to get the smell out. The machine won't help with this aspect of your problem.
Ditto. That Nature's Miracle stuff is, well, a miracle.

JUST WANTED TO FOLLOW UP WITH YOU AND TELL YOU THAT I DID GO OUT AND BUY NATURE'S MIRACLE AT PETSMART AFTER READING YOUR POSTING. ITS TAKEN ME ABOUT A WEEK TO FINISH THE JOB BUT THAT STUFF WORKED! IT BROUGHT THE STAIN UP AND AFTER A FEW TIMES GOING OVER IT......ITS FINALLY GONE AND THE SMELL IS GONE. REALLY APPRECIATE THE TIP! THANKS A MILLION TYM
tym wrote:

If it's not BIG, send in for dry cleaning. Even big one, commercial cleaner can have it cleaned. Puppy smell is nothing compared to cats. I have a Bissell steam cleaner. When accident happens, right away I clean up the spot.