Rug advice

I would like some opinions on types or rugs and rough prices. Carpet is for LR, foyer, hallway. Thank you.

Reply to
jtees4

Do not be fooled by low-cost carpeting that does not include the pad and installation charge. As for the carpet itself, you get what you pay for. Get the best you can afford. Do not be fooled by the "pad upgrade". It's a way to charge double for something that's 5% better. Make sure the installer installs what you paid for. Carpet in the foyer gets dirty fast. Stain resistant carpet is more stain resistant than it used to be; i.e. it really works.

Thank you for the response. I really don't want to put carpet in the foyer, but due to the current underfloor conditions I don't have a choice. In a few years I will cut out the foyer area (It's fairly small) and install ceramic tile there.

Reply to
jtees4

We saved approx 50% at a store called 'Rollends'. Basically it is odd sizes and factory 2nd's but you could hardly see the flaws unless someone pointed them out. Get enough to redo the high traffic areas. Our LR still looks like new after 13 years, but the hallway and stairs are pretty matted.

Reply to
Martik