Rubberized paint?

I'm looking for a paint or rubberized plastic coating to be used in using in a medicine chest.
I was going to pull my medicine chest, sand, primer & paint the inside. Started thinking about a rubberized paint like something they spray in pick-up truck beds. I only want to coat the bottom 1/4 of the medicine chest.
Instead of running around to Sherwin Williams, B. Moore, Ace and other stores looking for advice, figured I'd give it a shot in trying to find an _end user_ of such a product.
Any suggestions or recommendations?

I suggest Rustoleum, both primer and finish coats. It will outlast most finishes. I'm sure you can take your medicine cabinet to a place that does spray-on truck linings, but be prepared to pay.
Phisherman wrote:

Rustoleum is pretty soft as far as paint goes. Hard to keep it from getting scratched up on a surface that sees wear. I'll use it for say, the steel over outside windows but anything that sees actual abrasion, forget it. You can buy DIY truck bed liner stuff.
Why do you want "rubberized" paint? Knowing why you think you want it may help us make more helpful suggestions.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

My inside of the med chest, takes a beating as far as scratches. Take a couple of kids tooth brushes dripping wet, and the scratches turn ugly real quick.
Anthony wrote:

Gotcha. I think in that case you'll be really disappointed if you use rustoleum.
Do you have a place in your area that will powdercoat small parts for cheap? That might be the best solution, and it won't look "lumpy" either. Barring that, paint and refinish as usual, then after the paint cures, you might try some of the DIY bedliner stuff. I know some guys who have used it in place of undercoating and they claim it works great. OR, you could use traditional undercoating and paint over it, but it'll take a LOT of paint to cover it up, it'll soak up paint like a sponge.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Have you seen a powder coated medicine cabinet?
I removed a standard cabinet and made a DOOR size fixture, Made from wood. YMMV.

You can use shelving paper. Replace it now and then. Water ought to bead up and not damage the cabinet.

real
Cut a piece of scrap vinyl floor covering to fit and stick in place with some rubber cement.
I suspect a small chunk could be scrounged from a floor covering store at little or no cost.
--

Roger Shoaf

Heh! Interesting idea, thanks!

Spray can Epoxy paint. But READ the instructions. Spray it outside of house. I used some on wood handles of kitchen ware. Has gone through dishwasher many times in a year. Still good. WW

Why is this necessary????

Instead of running around, you should try Google search.
I 'spect that http://www.bizrate.com/automotivecare/oid898915890.html would fit your alleged needs. Expect it to look S-S-STRANGE.
You might be better off finding a new plastic or aluminum med. cabinet.

You need something to stop the corrosion, not just hope the paint will hold it off. Such paints are a class called 'zinc rich' and are available in aerosol and conventional cans. Not common in many stores, you may have to look at industrial supply sources. Whatever, the stuff really works, and is commonly used by makers of galvanized chain link fencing gates and the like, where welded corners have had the zinc burned off.
Joe