Rubber Padded Mats?

I don't know what they're called... I asked the guy at Home Depot and he lead me to the doormats - which I don't want. Basically they're rubber mats one stands on to comfort his stance and provide traction on a porentially slippery surface. I have seen them laid out on wood planks on scaffolds. Where would I find these? I looked in HD's ladder area, but came up empty.
are you talking about anti-fatigue mats or stuff just for traction?
Jason The place where you made your stand never mattered, only that you were there... and still on your feet
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I found them once at Sam's club, but they don't always have them. An industrial supply company will carry these.

mrsgator88 wrote:

I tried Sams' Lowe's and Home Depot - nothing.
I found traction mats full of holes and all sorts of kickass patterns, but thats no good for me. Bare feet are going to be on this thing - thats the problem. They're going to be standing on this thing for a long time in bare feet. Crap... I'm screwed.
The ones I saw were both. Maybe three feet by four feet - half an inch in thickness and padded. They kept my from slipping and gave me some padding to stand for hours.
Jason wrote:

If you're talking about those 2x2', 1/2" thick mats that snap together: You can find them at Pepboys, Costco, or Sams. I bought about 200sft and use them all the time to protect flooring during remodeling.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Lowe's, too
tim1198 wrote:

On 2 Oct 2006 20:40:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

For the top of the line in anti-fatigue mats, check www.ergomat.com
Not sure where you'd be able to buy one, though. They mainly supply factories, hospitals and such.
Bill wrote:

If they supply hospitals it means that you will be paying at least 3 times the price of an equal quality product. Wholesalers/retailers to the medical and scientific industry always price items at a huge mark up.
www.mcmaster.com
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
On 2 Oct 2006 20:40:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You can ask for anti-fatique mats-- but you're more likely to score with 'those rubber mats that fit together like puzzle pieces'.
Locally- near Albany, NY- our Sam's and Lowe's both carry them. In Sam's they're near the tools- and in one Lowe's they are in the seasonal aisle.
Jim