Routers

I have a business Linksys router and Xfinity modem in my home that I use fo r my telephone and internet services. I also have Xfinity Cable TV, which they have sent me another modem, that they say I have to set up to use the Xfinity X1 package. Is there a trip to having to set up to modems like to cable lines? Will they bump into each other especially when I have a stati c IP address for my business account. I am not sure why I have to set up on e router for the TV and one for the business. The TV is a personal account . Xfinity does not offer full cable for business accounts. Has anyone run into this problem before? Xfinity cannot answer these questions. Any hel pful ideas as to how to proceed?

Reply to
noniestager

Assuming you have 2 cable feeds into the house/office, one for business Voice & Internet, other for personal TV use, then the 2 are completely separate and will not interfere with each other.

If only 1 cable feed, then there is a problem if what you are trying to accomplish is getting "full" cable TV access from Xfinity at a "business" location.

Did Comcast/Xfinity run a second cable from street/pole, or not ?

Reply to
Retired

It is possible to subscribe to Xfinity cable, internet and phone over one cable. The "modem" would most likely be am MTA unit which takes the feed cable and splits the signals. One if a standard F connector cable out (to your TV), the other is a standard RJ-11 jack for connection to your phone(s) and the third is an RG-45 which you connect to the WAN port of your router. That's about all there is to it. It is possible to purchase your own modem/mtu and rouer versus paying Xfinitity $10+ EACH per month. Myself and many of my friends have done so and as long as the model purchased is found on the Xfinity "approved/compatible" list, there is no problem.

You can look on eBay for a new or used MTU for a VERY attractive price.

Good luck.

Reply to
bobm3