Router book so I can make window sills?

I want to make window sills for my windows. I wanted to use like a 1X 4 or 6 or make a 1x 5 and use the router to go around the edge that would be facing the interior of the house. Something to make it a little classy? I would stain the wood probably walnut or what ever you think best and varnish it. Is their a router book or a router blade that you have use to make your sills? I made kitchen cabinets 15 years ago and use a router for the doors, but that was a while back and could practice on making it right. Is there wood type that you would recommend ? What type of router blade? Has there been a router book that has been helpful in you knowledge?
Thank you Ryan snipped-for-privacy@c-zone.net
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

If you want to round over both top and bottom for a half round on the end, you will need to use a router table. Otherwise the bit bearing will ride wrong when you do the second side.
Bob
Arin wrote:

Just a thought here Arin. I disagree with your appraisel of 'nuther Bob's ability based upon his statement about using a router table. It appears that the original poster is a beginner with a router, which would make 'nuther Bob's advice just as valid or perhaps in this instance more appropriate than yours.
After a few months here I've found that everyone who comes here is at different levels of knowledge, skill and competancy in their abilities regarding everything from woodworking to starting a lawn mower. So unless someone is absolutely wrong in their advice, perhaps it's best to take it all with a grain of salt.
Personal 'digs' against those we don't have any personal knowledge of are uncalled for and most certainly unecessary.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Of course. But it won't give a true "bullnose". I don't really care, I was just a tad irritated at Arin's pompous and rude reply to 'nother Bob who was perfectly correct in his statement.
dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://www.gbronline.com/xico / _________________________________
I've rounded over without using the table. Bearing guided bits is one way and a straight edge clamped to the wood is another. If you start buying router bits plan a way to store & identify them. They multiply VERY rapidly!

cut the sill to size 1st then route.