Router and Table

I am looking at the following router and table, any comments on it?
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00928180000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
My other alternative is a Harbor Freight router/shaper
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-table-with-router-95380.html
Between the 2 my thought is Sears, but I can add the extended warranty on HF for about the same price as the Sears.
Michael Dobony wrote:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00928180000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
Hi, I am not much into wood working. I lucked out on a garage sale for vintage Delta table. This is pro grade built like tank. They don't build it like this any more. Why don't you try your luck?
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:38:06 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

I need to get something quickly.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00928180000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
That Sears one looks so good for that price that I think I'll go tomorrow and buy one. And I have three now. Buy the good Sears one. You won't regret it later, and you might with the HF one.
What I'd do anyway.
Steve
"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
I am looking at the following router and table, any comments on it?
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00928180000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1
My other alternative is a Harbor Freight router/shaper
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-table-with-router-95380.html
Between the 2 my thought is Sears, but I can add the extended warranty on HF for about the same price as the Sears.
For almost half the price you can get this Ryobi one at Home Depot. it gets slightly better reviews. It's a little less horsepower and a slight bit small table BUT it's a die cast table, not laminated. 1/4" collets. I'm in Canada and I'm thinking of getting it for myself in the next month or so. it's $119 here. For a couple of quick projects, it looks easy on the wallet.
I always thought many Craftsmen tools were made by Skil.
Have some experience with both routers and can say that I would never buy another Sears Router. The first I got was with the forerunner to the table that you are considering. The table is /was great for routine projects. ( I have added a few things to the fence for hold downs, etc.) and after about 6 years haven't found a reason to buy another! The router was another story. After prolonged use the collet wouldn't hold the bit at a set depth. Ruined a few projects before I gave it away. Also , if you have never ducked a spinning bit that came loose from that collet, consider yourself fortunate. Seeing another larger Sears on sale, I foolishly bought it also. Nice features, soft start and all, but it still wasn't much of an improvement. I have since moved on to several good routers, one of which is an HF Plunge ( since I don't use that feature very often).. You might check Craig List ,under Routers and see the rather large number that are for sale. Must be a reason for that !
On the flip side you have mentioned in another post that you need it pretty quick! You have see that the HF unit is " On Backorder" My S.I.L. has the fairly inexpensive Ryobi, to remodel their house and seems pretty content with that one. Sparky 01

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00928180000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1