Rounded drywall corners

How do you do this? I am in the process of installing a built in closet, and the rest of the house has all rounded corners, the circumferance is about 3 inch. Is there a rounded molding? or do you shape the corners with sandpaper and fill in the gap? I would like to know before I start this project.
Thanks all, Bill
The rounded corners are standard items.
-- Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
Bill Becker wrote:

Bill,
You can buy round drywall corner bead as opposed to square corner bead.
AZCraig

Did you notice the size of the curve he was talking about? Have a look... I don't think that corner bead is gonna do what he wants.

OP stated a 3" circumference
from HS math - - Circumference = Pi x Diameter
Given Circumference = 3" and Pi = 3.14 (approx)
3" = 3.14 x Diameter Diameter = 3" / 3.14 Diameter = 1.046 " Radius = 1/2 x Diameter or Radius = .5233"
Typical rounded (also referred to as bullnose) corners are 3/4" radius. Unless the OP fed us some bogus circumference figure, the standard bullnose corner bead should suffice...
Class is over <Grin>
Rick

The OP was talking about a *corner*, not a cylindrical post. Thus the OP's reference to "circumference" presumably means the length of the arc around a 90-degree corner, and the radius of curvature is four times what you calculated, or approximately 2".

I read the original post just fine... OP stated a 3" circumference

AHA! you are presuming, I wasn't... ;-)

So if 90 degrees of the circumference was 3", then the total circumference would be 4x greater, and yes it would drastically affect my calculations.

Peace, Out
Rick
Since when are arc length and circumference synonymous?
RB
Doug Miller wrote:

They're not. But "circumference" has meaning only when discussing a circle, which is not the case here. The OP was discussing a rounded corner, i.e. a *portion* of a circle. Hence my presumption that he wrote "circumference" when he meant "arc length".

We could also presume that the OP (Bill, are you out there?) took a length of string, measured the arc, and because it was a 90 degree corner, multiplied that length by four to obtain a circumference...
Doug, you most likely have much more experience in home repair than I, maybe there exist corners of a larger radii than 3/4". I guess this one would see this in 'upscale' construction?
Rick

We could presume that if you wish, but it seems less likely than presuming that the OP wrote circumference when he meant arc length. :-)

: : We could presume that if you wish, but it seems less likely than presuming : that the OP wrote circumference when he meant arc length. :-) : Which he did...
I quote "I just looked at the current corners in the house and then guessed on the 3 inch cir (which I did mean arc)."
LOL - Smiles all around...
Rick

Around here (in Arizona) small rounded corners are done just like square ones... nail on a sheet metal (or plastic) corner piece that you tape to the adjacent drywall, then you fill it in with compound.
Large radius corners are made by slotting the backside of a piece of drywall so you can bend it into a curve. I have some corners that probably have a 2' radius.
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
Doug Miller wrote:

Yep, I'm still here. I work 4 12 hour days and then am off for 3 days, so my reply is a little late. Anyway it looks like I stepped back into a high school math class, thank god I work in law enforcement. Truefully I just looked at the current corners in the house and then guessed on the 3 inch cir (which I did mean arc). Sorry to have miss lead anyone. Anyway it looks like I'll be checking at my local lumber store about the rounded dry wall bead.
Thanks all Bill