Round wood exterior handrails

What would be the best wood that is commonly available for EXTERIOR handrails? I want to put up a handrail, but it gets blazing hot here in summer, so want to use wood. Has to stay out 24/7 rain, sun, and snow. Will be made to take down easily for revarnishing/urethaning/whatevering. It would be a round, and the diameter similar to a closet rod, maybe even a little bigger. And can anyone refer to an Internet site where I might get some of this?

Or an alternative to a metal handrail?

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend. http://cabgbypasssurgery

Reply to
Steve B

Redwood, Cypress and Western Red Cedar come to mind. You might consider Cellular PVC or Polyurethane. Try this link:

Good luck.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

[...]

You can say that again!

Reply to
Pete

Redwood, Cypress and Western Red Cedar come to mind. You might consider Cellular PVC or Polyurethane. Try this link:

Good luck.

Hey, buddy. Your sticker is stuck. Six times stuck. Only thing dumber than someone who doesn't like to Google is someone who's sticker is stuck, and they keep hitting SEND.

SEND

SEND

SEND

SEND

SEND

You get the idea.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend.

Steve B

You are welcome for my constructive reply.

When I tried to posted this, I got several responses from my newsreader indicating that it did not post. Hence, the duplicate posts.

Because of your demeanor, I will never again offer to you my recommendation. Welcome to my killfile.

Reply to
RosemontCrest