Round House

Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter. The eve might've been about ten feet high originally but they raised it one ring. Rings are about 30" or so. It didn't look like they insulated the peak too well but it was hard to tell. Anyhow, some pictures here of other bin remodels. <https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grain+bins+into+houses&FORM=HDRSC2 or http://alturl.com/e6cih

Seems I recall Bob Hope built (or was beginning to build) a huge round house. As I recall, he abandoned the project. Turns out Americans do not like living in round houses. No corners to back into or some such nonsense. Somehow, I think I did not get the entire story. ;)
nb
On 7/31/16 10:32 AM, notbob wrote:

There are a couple wooden round houses in my area. The one owner I knew said the furniture placement was a bit odd. It was about the height of a regular house. I think he needed a round house for his little round wife.
On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 12:12:03 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

theres a round hose near me. its a nice home but hard to furnish since all the furniture needs to be custom made......
its been sold several times since i moved here as a child.......
tends to stay on market a long time and sell pretty cheap.....
its the only round hose i have ever seen in pittsburgh, they definetely arent popular

She was on a Yamaha.
nb
On 08/02/2016 10:33 AM, notbob wrote:

That's what it was? A hot young thing could be riding the proverbial Vincent Black Shadow and I might not notice.
Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

I said to the one legged girl hi Peg. Run to the roundhouse they won't find you there.
I know it's not PC but
--
Tekkie