Round House

Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter. The eve might've been about ten feet high originally but they raised it one ring. Rings are about 30" or so. It didn't look like they insulated the peak too well but it was hard to tell. Anyhow, some pictures here of other bin remodels. or

Dean Hoffman

Seems I recall Bob Hope built (or was beginning to build) a huge round house. As I recall, he abandoned the project. Turns out Americans do not like living in round houses. No corners to back into or some such nonsense. Somehow, I think I did not get the entire story. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

There are a couple wooden round houses in my area. The one owner I knew said the furniture placement was a bit odd. It was about the height of a regular house. I think he needed a round house for his little round wife.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

theres a round hose near me. its a nice home but hard to furnish since all the furniture needs to be custom made......

its been sold several times since i moved here as a child.......

tends to stay on market a long time and sell pretty cheap.....

its the only round hose i have ever seen in pittsburgh, they definetely arent popular

Reply to
bob haller

She was on a Yamaha.

nb

Reply to
notbob

That's what it was? A hot young thing could be riding the proverbial Vincent Black Shadow and I might not notice.

Reply to
rbowman

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

I said to the one legged girl hi Peg. Run to the roundhouse they won't find you there.

I know it's not PC but

Reply to
Tekkie®