Rough Idea on cost of driveway paver installation?

I have about 10 feet of blacktop driveway (11 feet wide) at the bottom of driveway next to the sidewalk that needs to be repaired. One option I'm considering is having a contractor dig up the old driveway (1o feet) and replace it with pavers (110 sq feet). Any rough idea of how much this should cost in central NJ?
Arnie Goetchius wrote:

Call up a number of driveway contractors and have them come out and give you an estimate.
I live in central NJ and paid $6.50 a sq ft this year.
--

Pop
"Arnie Goetchius" < snipped-for-privacy@att.net> wrote in message

That'd be unheard of in Northern VA for a small residential driveway. The pavers alone cost $2-3/foot+delivery. Now you've got excavation, geotextile, base material, sand, edging, hauling and disposal of spoil, finish grading.
Northern Virginia price? At least $3K if you want it done right.
Will Niccolls
Will Niccolls wrote:

For 110 sq. ft that works out to about $30 per sq ft. Is it really that much for 110 sq . ft?

The
That's a tiny job, barely one pallet of pavers. Of course the $ / sf is high. You want 2500sf? Maybe you'll get down to $12/foot.
Call around and get some quotes. For me to do this job, if you want it built to ICPI specs and a 2 year install gaurantee, and you want the site left clean and graded, and you want to be able to choose your paver, and you want the existing drive demo'ed and disposed, 3K is the least I'd do it for.
$/SF is not a smart way to think on a job like this. Our price for delivery of 1 pallet of material for this job is the same as for 14 pallets. Other unit costs also go down as size increases. I have to buy 2 pallets at approx. 115 sf each because there is some waste. Now I've got 90 square feet of leftover pavers to transport and store and hope that someone in the future might want the same color and pattern of driveway. Ugh. If something goes wrong and it takes me even one extra man day, my profit is gone and most of my overhead also.
Will Niccolls (ICPI certified paver installer)
Will Niccolls wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.
"Arnie Goetchius"

Good luck and let us know what bids you get, I've heard that NJ/NY is more competitive so I'm curious.
Will
I still state that I got it for $6.50 a sq. in NJ. The tear out & removal of an old 18x7 concrete patio & the removal of 6" deep gravel out of an 12x15 driveway area was another another $650. My total was 400 sq ft pavers on 4" crushed compacted concrete +1" stone dust was $2600 for a total of $3250 and it was a great job.
--

Pop

of an

driveway
was a

Thanks for the info. You got a good deal it sounds to me. I'd charge 1500 at least just for the tearout of the old materials, and around here we're doing at least 10" of aggregate base as the soils are clay. How many man hours for the install?
Will