Rotted overhead garage door.

He wasn't but you missed it again.

Try this line:

Let me explain. If the garage door was made like an entry door, it would be 32" wide. Garage doors are usually . . . . .

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"made like" refers to construction, not size. Must be a difference between 'merican and Canadian English useage.

Reply to
clare

"Made like" is often used as "constructed like". Sometimes you have to bend a little for humor.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I can't believe you are still discussing this. How far over your head did my attempt at humor go?

Pay attention to what Ed is saying. He is 100% on the mark.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

My attached garage has wooden doors that have lasted since 1984. I guess the fact that I have an overhang over the doors has contributed to their life. Wooden doors insulate better than metal doors. Nothing ever freezes inside the garage even when temps outside drop to single digits. If I were to replace them for whatever reason they would be with wood again. YMMV.

Reply to
willshak

we just replaced a 25yo wood overhead with Aluminum from Costco, and new opener

it works much better than the wood did, but it was old

a little pricey, but it has small high windows now. The new window light is terriffic

marc

Reply to
21blackswan

Perhaps, though the degradation I've always noticed was on the bottom, where they may have not been allowed to dry properly after rain.

Wood? Insulate? Hardly. The R-value is about nil. A foam insulated steel door would be *far* better. OTOH, I'm not convinced it matters all that much because I don't believe a decent seal can be made and maintained all around a door that size.

Reply to
krw