Rotted overhead garage door.

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 23:42:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

"Made like" is often used as "constructed like". Sometimes you have to bend a little for humor.

I can't believe you are still discussing this. How far over your head did my attempt at humor go?
Pay attention to what Ed is saying. He is 100% on the mark.

Perhaps I give *you* too much credit. Did you really think I was being serious?
On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 12:43:35 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

...and too heavy to lift.
Notat Home wrote:

My attached garage has wooden doors that have lasted since 1984. I guess the fact that I have an overhang over the doors has contributed to their life. Wooden doors insulate better than metal doors. Nothing ever freezes inside the garage even when temps outside drop to single digits. If I were to replace them for whatever reason they would be with wood again. YMMV.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Perhaps, though the degradation I've always noticed was on the bottom, where they may have not been allowed to dry properly after rain.

Wood? Insulate? Hardly. The R-value is about nil. A foam insulated steel door would be *far* better. OTOH, I'm not convinced it matters all that much because I don't believe a decent seal can be made and maintained all around a door that size.