Rotozip: goodgawd...

Page 3 of 3

I bought one basic unit without accessories solely to cut box outlets in drywall. I never considered it useful for anything else.

I bought based on the hype to freehand cut soft material and snapped all the bits...promptly returned.
Later in life watched an international crew hang rock using a RZ and OMG they were masters at it...poke and go...poke and go. When I rocked my new house I bought another and it a place for that task.
I used it for drywall here and there, but I was amazed at how well I was able to make holes in tiles. Very nice clean cuts with no snapping the stuff in half. I've also used it to cut into fiberglass and put a wiz wheel to cut metal.
Lots of good uses for the little rotozip, you just need the right blade/bit for the job.
Tom
FWIW to anyone reading this thread....
Buy the Porter Cable Drywall cutout tool....It's half the diameter of a Rotozip, way nicer to hold and use......
PV, don't bother.....I don't think you could figure out how to use it !!!!

Porter Cable I could figger out, cuz PC is there to serve a trade/industry, not fleece the goddamm public with a wannabe tool w/ 101 bitty parts floating around in a 1,824 cu in case. PC makes excellent tools. For how much longer remains to be seen, since DeWalt bought them.
So NotEnoughBrains, where are you located? If yer local, and I need some sheetrocking/laminating done, I'll call you--if the job is simple.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY

You don't have enough money to get me to come to that cesspool you live in.......
Yonkers......Puhleeezzzeee.....

I may not be too swift in shitrock, but you don't have an effing clue about real estate, jack. Yonkers is now good enough for Trump, dude.
There is probably *nowhere in the goddamm country* that real estate value has increased as quickly as in Yonkers. Not saying it's as high as LIC, or downtown Brooklyn, or Manhattan, but it's *rate of change* is astounding. Unnerving, even.
The longtime problem with Yonkers was that the previous crooked politicians hadn't realized how to whore out the city to real estate developers. With the thermo-nukuler real estate explosion in Manhattan, the Current Crooked Yonkers Politicians have figgered it out, and Yonkers, in the very next few years, will probably be *the* most exclusive place to live, short of Sutton Place in Manhattan and the riverfront mansions in Riverdale--largely due to its very long shore line along the Hudson (Yupsters gots to have dey water, donchaknow), and plentiful Amtrack routes, etc--AND, last but not least, its *immediate* proximity to the Mount Manhattan, or even closer, to Bronx subways.
About 10 years ago, Yonkers was the only place in the whole goddamm country north of the Mason-Dixon line to lose a federal school segregation lawsuit, with a judge who imposed exponentially mounting fines, doubling each day.
But those days are over, jack.
Sheeit, after they finish getting rid of the drug dealers, they will probably try to get rid of me, and my ilk.
The *average* house in my immediate area is 5,000 sq feet, and *well over* $1 mil.
Because of, well, the really good Pimps we now have in Local Gummint here.
Inyway, I'm sure the illegals around here shitrock as well as you do or better, and for a whole lot less than your self-impressed price, so don't worry about it.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY