Rototiller

Have a friend looking for a rototiller. It has been decades since I did RT shopping. Is TroyBilt still all that, or is there something else that should be looked at for a small tiller.
--
______________________
Claudia

Most gardening can be accomplished no till, saving both the gardner's back and the environment. It's no longer recommended to routinely till up patches of ground annually as it decreases the beneficial mycorrhizal fungi and worm population and ultimately the health of the soil. Do a search on lasagna gardening or interbay mulching for the latest in easy labor saving gardening that is also more environmentally friendly.
You might post this to rec.gardens.
I have read that Troybuilt is not as well built as they once were, but have no personal experience. For the really small tillers that you can carry in one hand, I had a Mantis, but discarded it because of all the problems with the engine; I got a Honda, which cost a bit more, but has worked flawlessly for years.
ClaudCar wrote:

there.
William Brown wrote:

It is a Troy-Bilt by name only. MTD bought them from the bankruptcy court after they declared bankruptcy.
I've owned one product made by MTD, and will never own another. My experiance with them concerning my real Troy-Bilt has made me vow to never by anything from them.
Go to MTD's website. You will be surprised at the brand names they own.
<SIGH> what a shame - thank you for the info. so I guess I will tell themthey are on their own as I no longer have accurate info. The design is not rocket science - how can another manufacturer screw something up that bad? <rhetorical question>
--
Totus Tuus
Claudia (take out no spam to reply)