Rototiller

Have a friend looking for a rototiller. It has been decades since I did RT shopping. Is TroyBilt still all that, or is there something else that should be looked at for a small tiller.

Reply to
ClaudCar

Most gardening can be accomplished no till, saving both the gardner's back and the environment. It's no longer recommended to routinely till up patches of ground annually as it decreases the beneficial mycorrhizal fungi and worm population and ultimately the health of the soil. Do a search on lasagna gardening or interbay mulching for the latest in easy labor saving gardening that is also more environmentally friendly.

Reply to
Sunflower

You might post this to rec.gardens.

I have read that Troybuilt is not as well built as they > Have a friend looking for a rototiller. It has been decades since I did RT

Reply to
William Brown

It is a Troy-Bilt by name only. MTD bought them from the bankruptcy court after they declared bankruptcy.

I've owned one product made by MTD, and will never own another. My experiance with them concerning my real Troy-Bilt has made me vow to never by anything from them.

Go to MTD's website. You will be surprised at the brand names they own.

Reply to
Retiredff

what a shame - thank you for the info. so I guess I will tell them they are on their own as I no longer have accurate info. The design is not rocket science - how can another manufacturer screw something up that bad?

Reply to
Claudia