Roper Oven Temperature Control Problem

I have an older Roper gas range/oven (model FGS395B). The temperature control (knob) usually rotates smoothly, without "springing" to a position (hope that makes sense). Just the other day, it started "springing" instead of turning smoothly, and the LED only comes on in certain locations (and the highest the temperature seems to get is around 150-250 degrees). Is this the signature of a bad thermostat? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Reply to
maynard

Hi,

Any change the 2 knobs ( selector and thermostat ) got accidentally switched?

If no, bad control would be suspect...

That is part of a full model#...FGS395BL0 FGS395BW0

control.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

No, I haven't had any work done to it...it just started doing it one day.

OK, thanks...I'll hunt that down.

$200+, wow. Is the thermostat pretty easy to replace (if I'm somewhat handy)? Or is there some sort of calibration that will need to be done by a tech?

Thanks!

Reply to
maynard

G'day,

With the power off, fairly easy :)

Not normally, they are -suppose- to be set in the factory and good to go....98 times out of 100 we don't need to adjust anything.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid