Roots In Sewer Line

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure that I have some tree roots that have made there way into the sewer line headed to the septic tank. When I use a 3/4" wide x 100 foot flat sewer rod, I can hit something in the line. So I'm thinking that the best thing to do is have someone come out and use one of those cameras to view inside the line for roots.

Just wondering what the cost of clearing out roots in the drain should cost? I know they'll give me an estimate, but wondering what others have paid.

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
diablo

If you are "handy," you can likely buy the machine used (from Harbor Freight) for about the same money as a professional might charge.

Unless you kill the trees pumping out the roots, you will have to do it again & again & again.

Frankly, if your pipe to the septic tank leaks you should repair the leaks. The start cutting down trees!

Reply to
John Gilmer

hire an experienced plumber who is recommended by a couple of your neighbors for this job. experience will save you money in the long run. the feedback of their snakes and snake cutting tips will advise you best, as to whether you are hitting a root, a joint, a tee, or a break.

-b

Reply to
buffalobill