root barriers -- protecting property from neighbor's trees

Page 2 of 2
Frank wrote:

i have a neighbor who had a 35 ft?? try about one foot onto his side of the property.. my yard would get all the leaves every time the wind would blow... well i kept asking about taking the tree down and he said No, its a good shade tree... he then got mad and told me to cut down what was on my side of the fence(his mistake) i ordered a very long pole pruner with the saw blade on the end with another extexsion.. took me about 5-6 hrs. but when he came home from work he found that he only had 1/2 of a tree standing.....
clipped

That would be a code violation where I live. I'd rather have the leaves than a mutilated tree.